September 21, 2010

Public Sess Pools

This post has arisen after several years of visiting many local pool facilities.  I'm not generally one to keep quiet when in the presence of something shocking, but some of these things have had me dumbfounded or just plain made me sick to my stomach over the years.


1.  Don't cut your nails.  Frankly, don't cut anything (I've seen worse than nails, but won't go there, actually, hell yes I will!  Some disgusting woman was cutting her pubes! WTFFFFFF??!).  It's not cool to leave pieces of your body scattered across the wet, soppy floor of the public bathroom.  Just last night someone had cut their hair all over the bathroom sink.

2.  Don't spit, hack or blow any kind of mucus of any kind into the pool.  Nuff said.

3.  Keep your bandaids ON.  Bandaid technology has come a long way over the years and if you spend that extra 0.5 cents per bandaid you will get ones that affix themselves properly and stay on while swimming.

4.  In reference to number 1 above, please DO cut your nails AT HOME cause theres nothing worse than getting kicked or swatted by a breast stroker and having a giant, red, bacteria-infested scratch to show for it.

5.  Wear a swim suit.  Not a bra and underwear, not your pajamas or a t-shirt or your halloween costume.

6.  Please don't fondle and make out in the pool, at least not in the area where people are trying to swim.  Actually, scratch that last part.  Don't get jiggy with it anywhere in the pool facilities.  People seem to have this notion that what happens underwater stays underwater, but WE CAN SEE YOU!  AND YOU ARE GROSS! You'd have a better time and it would cost less to got to a peep show - they're like a $1 in some places!

7.  Heavy breathing and really loud talking in the sauna/steam room are really annoying, especially the heavy breathing cause dude you're fat, sweaty and sitting right beside me and you're NOT paying me so....

I'm know there are plenty of other things that are disgusting, but I'll leave it at this for now because I have to head to the pool and I'm scaring myself.

No comments: