May 1, 2009

Boston Marathon


Well it's been over a year in the making, but Jeff finally ran The Boston Marathon. His race report is coming and I'll upload photos soon. We had a great time chatting hockey with all the locals ("Couva?! Who they got? Ongo?! Meh, go Sox!"), the city of Boston will find out shortly exactly who we got here in Couva! Watching the winners of the marathon come in was worth me standing in one place in the cold for over 5 hours. It would seem as though Dunkin Donuts is the local version of Tim Hortons so I hung outside for a bit just listening to all the cawps talk Bostonian.

Now that the marathon is behind us, the focus turns solely to triathlon. I just returned from a four day triathlon camp in Osoyoos and after a week of recovery Jeff has an 8km race this weekend. Our first triathlon of the season will be the Shawnigan Lake Olympic on May 24th, where I hope to avoid my signature bike dismount haha.

No comments: