June 4, 2009

Shawnigan Lake Olympic Triathlon

I'll keep this one short as the Oliver race post is a biggie. This race went really well, had some trouble sighting during the swim because of the glare from the sun, but all in all a good swim with minimal contact. Bike went well except for the damn bump in my rear tire...guess that's what happens when you attempt to glue your own tubular tires for the first time haha. Well, I didn't die, so I guess a bump every wheel revolution coulda turned out a lot worse ;) One aside here during the bike; similar to the Oliver race there were a number of stupid surgers, but this one idiot kept throwing her snot rockets at me!! Yes, that's as gross as it sounds! I even said something to her, but won't post it here as it contains some poor language choices. She was kinda fast on the bike, but I passed her 2 minutes into the run without any problem and never saw her again. Snot karma in my mind...dummy. Anyway...the run was hotter than hell and I didn't feel that good, but kept up a pretty good pace. I should've been more cognescent of my heart rate during the entire race, but that's moot now. Finished pretty strong, glad to finally be done my first race of the year and really looking forward to the big one in Oliver, then the HUGE one in August haha.

No comments: