January 4, 2010

The Plan

It's a new year and I've got a new plan, well not so new really, just more in tune with the Ironman training lifestyle I think. The newish part is that I'm going to make a solid effort to keep up my 3x weekly yoga and strength/core training regime. I want this year to be about doing as well as I can, so I need to avoid injury and health issues as much as possible. I'm on my own for racing this year. Jeff is on a sabbatical of sorts from Ironman this year, with only 2 races on his schedule - one being Lake Stevens 70.3, the other the BMO Marathon in Vancouver.

I feel ready to giv'er. I have all the necessary and unnecessary crap to get through training and races. Big races (70.3 and IMCozumel) have already been paid for and accommodation is booked. I have a good nutrition plan from last year. My swimming and biking are right where they were when I left off....now I just have to man up on the running end, tweak the nutrition and build on my improvements last year in the bike and swim.

This November I want to get in the water in Cozumel and feel as calm and ready as I did at IMC 2009, but I want to add something this year - the mental drive to push past what I think I can do. Game on.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Sounds like you're going to have a fantastic race season!