February 3, 2010

I should stop trying to write blogs about stuff that's not interesting for me to think or write about. Yeah I train for Ironman. Yeah I bike and swim and run every week. Sure it's fun and interesting to talk about all that stuff, but I'm deviating from my true cynical, sarcastic nature here. It's time to bring that back. I would like to conduct this blog like so: I will begin with writing down my training/triathlon thoughts for the day/week/month then I will bring up something that irks me or makes me shake my head or want to punch someone in the baby maker. Why? Cause that's who I am and cause I have to laugh at shit if I'm going to get through life. I like to make fun of things, myself included. Sooooooo, on that note:

Training is going pretty well lately. Looking forward to my first "race" of the season. Just a 10km test race, not sure what the hell that means, but it's only 10km so I can consider it one of those 'the faster you run Heather the faster this will be over with'. I love training and triathlon in general, but I still have a little hate-on for running, especially fast running - I'm working on it - maybe some therapy would help.

Speaking of therapy I recently completed a month long cleanse. I feel great, energized, clear-headed, all of those things...but I was thinking (with my clear head), why do just a body cleanse, why not a mental cleanse as well? So, on that note I am working on ridding my life of any residual bullshit and that includes people that create it or just plain embody it. Life is too short. I like to laugh. I don't mince words and I always try to tell it like it is. Don't be afraid, I'm actually very personable and nice and have even been called, "great with people" - maybe I'm just a good actor muwahaha. If you too are personable, nice, interesting, funny and honest we will get along fine, regardless of whatever differences we may have. I don't think those are unreasonable qualities to ask for - do you?
Okay, back to mental cleansing therapy. I am deleting someone from my life. They are completely poisonous and energy draining. We have nothing in common and I don't enjoy their company. I believe that they view friendship as a commodity - a friend is something to post as an accolade or accomplishment. I have known this person for quite some time, but would not honestly be their "friend" if we were to meet today for the first time. Not really even sad about it. More annoyed at myself for not stepping up to the plate and doing it much sooner. There is much more to this of course, but this isn't a place for airing personal details, other than mentioning that this person is a prime candidate for my first REAL punch in the baby maker.

No comments: